In my efforts to achieve my goal with the VA, this is the best advice I ever received, and it was free.
As recounted previously, I finally got the results I wanted, but not without intensive efforts. Including contacting every source that I thought could possibly apply. The VA had already rejected my case filed by a well-known doctor, who was also a lawyer. (As it turned out, it seems the majority of those involved in veterans seeking service-connected disability are certified in both medicine and law.)
This first doctor, Dr. B. , charged an exhorbitant fee, had several published recommendations, spoke with Dave and me several times on phone calls, predicted a favorable outsome, and since my attorney had told me, knowing where we were headed, to spend as much as I legally could in order to qualify for impending Medicaid, we enlisted his services. As soon as we received the copy of his appeal to VA, I knew we were doomed to failure.
His approach to the VA was that he had extensive experience with and insight into such matters and that his knowledge surpassed theirs. That's all I'll say about him for now. Of course, we filed an appeal, which was also rejected a total of 5 or maybe 6, up to that point.
I kept looking for more options, contacting more potential help, and among scores of requests that is when I encountered Doug, a doctor/ lawyer located in North Carolina. His initial response was that he was unable to take our case, but he wished us well. Okay, I'm used to rejection, on with the hunt.
But then, unexpectedly, Doug called me on the telephone, saying he had not intended to condemn me to defeat. He had re-read my file and noted that I had used the services of Dr. B. He told me had often encountered him in the courtroom and that NOBODY LIKED HIM. The takeaway was to find someone else.
I persisted and eventually happened upon another doctor/ lawyer.Although outside his area of chosen expertise, he agreed to take the case, for a very reasonable fee. He did so, and the VA doctors agreed with his assessment and awarded the sought-after VA rating.
What is notable is that doctor presented his areas of disagreement in a cordial and professional way, pointing out where the VA had overlooked the facts relating to treatment. (Dr. Remington Nevin is the most professional, organized, reasonable, and successful person I ever encountered in my hundreds of attempts.)
The VA changed its rating to favorable.
I would conclude that if nobody likes you, your chances of achieving succes or fame will eventually be doomed to fail.
No comments:
Post a Comment