(Bear with me, Blog)
It is frustrating, when you live alone, to lose an item in your house, because you know you have no one to blame but yourself. You wrack your brain trying to figure out where you might have put it. You go back to the last time you saw the lost item, and try to recall why it is not where it should be. You exhaust all possibilities, conduct a friutless search, and finally accept that you may never know what happened to it.
1) I lost a theater program that I had listed on ebay, sold it, couldn't find it, issued a refund. I later, quite a bit later, discovered it beneath the pad on my kitchen table, where I had placed it to make it wrinkle-free.
2) I knew I'd recently seen some old Star Wars coins, remembered changing their longtime location when attempting to organize, looked everywhere I could have placed them, to no avail. I came across it searching through a box of ephemera while looking for something else.
3) I have Dorothy's deluxe steam iron, in great working condition, but the teflon sole is scratched due to crafting. I vividly recall putting it in a plastic bag for donation, and placing it in a spot I'd be sure to find it. I still don't know exactly where, because Danny handed it to me the other day when he was here.
4) I keep a hard-cover journal type notebook in a secure place in my living room; it's important because among other entries, it contains all the poems Snookie has read to me over the phone, which I have submitted to The Express, most of which were published, and I need them to remind her of her past successful, published poetry. It was missing, I searched everywhere, and could only conclude I must have gathered it up with a bunch of newspapers and magazines and inadvertently recycled it.It appeared in a basket with other paperwork, stashed in the bedroom when I was trying to unclutter for the Fair company.
No comments:
Post a Comment