Thursday, September 10, 2026

Bye, George P.S.

 Most often, when I first wake from a dream state, the events of the dream are crystal clear, in every detail. But on fully awakening, the dream dissipates, fading away like smoke.  

  But occasionally, elements of a dream persist in my mind, vaguely disconcerting, and I find writing what I remember about that dream keeps the intrusions away. Finding a listener is not an option.

 Anyway, the night before last, I had one of those dreams where I am not a presence in the dream, but I experience the dream through the actions and language within it. 

I had the thought that an episode of the Seinfeld series was being replayed. The main character in this episode was George, though the others interacted with him, as in their usual fashion. 

The dream played out in detail, with thoughts and strategies enacted in great detail. It would have been at least a 30-minute dramatization. Though sections of the dream continue to intrude upon my mind, I cannot recall the elements of the plot, which were central to the content. The main plot consisted of a prank. George was determined to cause a disruption, albeit in good humor, of some event involving another character. He enlisted the aid of Kramer  to carry out the complicated ruse. It involved digging along some structure in a back yard, near a fence along a basement line, which somehow would cause an eruption of some type of smoke. However, and not surprisingly, Kramer went to the wrong address and installed the would-be prank stuff there. Jerry and Elaine were not surprised at this twist of fate, and while George was initially set back, he later found a way to potentially profit from the prank gone wrong. It involved some type of sale, maybe even connected to eBay.  

There! I can erase it from my consciousness.

   P.S.  The next night's dream contained a machine that could erase time. Ma didn't like it, though.



i

No comments: