As I drive through our mostly peaceful little village, I see 2 fairly recent signs installed at the intersections. I think they are black and yellow. I know they read, "SLOW DOWN." I also know that some drive faster than they used to, even on the streets of the village. I don't know if there was an accident near where the signs were placed, or maybe a close call, or perhaps several close calls. All I know is that these 2 signs seem unnecessarily autocratic in nature. I understand and agree with signs that instruct drivers to slow down for children at play, or advising to reduce speed in construction areas, or for blind corners or other traffic hazards. But as someone who has never driven other than slow in the village of Valley Falls, I resent a traffic sign that orders all drivers to Slow Down. Because Big Brother assumes authority over all, regardless of the situation. How (s)low should we go?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment