Sunday, August 30, 2026

Words of Advice--well, just a few

 "Don't pay what's owed until it's due."  Sara M., who'd graduated from Business School, when she sent me to the post office with a money order for her store items. 

Don't try to explain your reasoning to someone who just wants to criticize you."  Richard V. , business associate of Dave's, when an opinionated party goer interrupted  and disputed an innocuous comment.

"It doesn't matter what he thinks; we hired him because he's a good surgeon, not for his personal opinion."  Dr. Martin Symansky when the surgeon (for a  4-year-old) said I didn't need to stay overnight in the child's  hospital room. 

"Watch out*for that science teacher who asked you to chaperone the field trip to Howe's Cavern. Just be on guard." George L. probably the best person who ever entered the teaching profession. * He was right.

"Don't be concerned about your adult children; think about yourself."  Anonymous and  arrogant doctor in anonymous time and place.

There may be more but I didn't need to be told not to fire until I saw the whites of their eyes.  

No comments: